ASSURANCE™ Interference Test Kit by Sun Diagnostics has been specifically designed with manufacturers and laboratories in mind.
ASSURANCE™ will aide manufacturers in determining assay interference and assist laboratories in verifying manufacturer’s claims for the most common interfering substances.
Human-source materials and purified chemicals are used to prepare concentrated interferents that are ready to be spiked into your specific matrix.
Interferents and Typical Values:
|Interferent||Typical Concentration||Volume Per Vial||Reorder Number||Component Price|
|Triglyceride-rich lipoproteins||>15,000 mg/dL||1 mL||INT-01T||$325|
|Hemolysate||>10,000 mg/dL hemoglobin||1.4 mL||INT-01H||$190|
|Protein||>10 g/dL albumin
>10 g/dL γ-globulins
|Conjugated Bilirubin||>400 mg/dL||1 mL||INT-01B||$100|
|>400 mg/dL||1 mL||INT-01BU
(Includes Unconjugated bilirubin and NaOH)
(for Bu; spike into control pool)
|ASSURANCETM Interference Test KIt||1 vial of each component||INT-01||
Interferents are available individually, in customer-defined configurations, or, as INT-01. INT-01 includes one vial of each of the most common interferents.
- Care should be used when evaluating assays for interference using native, human-sourced materials:
- Triglyceride-rich lipoprotein (TRL) material may contain background constituents, such as sucrose or glucose, which may react with glucose assays and erroneously indicate interference from TRL.
- Human albumin may bind cations (such as calcium, sodium, potassium, or magnesium), iron, thyroxine, fatty acids, bilirubin, and homocysteine.
- Drug and drug metabolites may bind to albumin, gamma-globulins, and lipoproteins.
- Typical concentrations are intended as a guide only. Laboratory should determine actual values before proceeding with interference experiment(s).
- INT-01 should not be used past the expiration date listed on the kit box. Refer to Interferent vials for expiration of individually purchased components or custom kit configurations.
- If there is evidence of microbial contamination discard the vial.
- This product is not intended for use as a control, standard or calibrator.
- Information gathered from experiments performed using ASSURANCE™ Interference Test Kit should not be used to adjust patient results. Confirm results with an alternate method when necessary.